Free and Reduced Lunch Info

Applications for Free & Reduced-Price Lunch for 2017-18 are now online through Infinite Campus.

Please don't wait! Complete your online application as soon as it is available. A NEW ONLINE APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT EACH SCHOOL YEAR.  

Free or Reduced-Price Meal Applications - now known as Meal Benefits Applications - are available online as of August of 2016. We will not be sending paper applications to schools. You can complete the application from your Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal (go to and click on "Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal"). Once you are logged into your portal account, please select the "Applications/Forms" on the left side to begin the application process. Once you have entered the required information, you may click "Submit" and your application will be submitted pending approval.

PLEASE NOTE that a portal account must be created if you do not already have one. To request an account, go to, click on "Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal", click "Help", then click on the link that says "If you do not have an Activation Key, click here".

If you continue to have problems accessing an Activation Key for your student(s), please contact the registrar at your student(s) school.

If you were approved for 2016-17 free & reduced-price meal benefits, they will carry over for a 30-day grace period. If we do not receive a new application by the end of the grace period, your child(ren)’s benefits will be canceled. Please keep in mind: It can take up to 10 days to process a new application.

If you have general Free/Reduced-Price Meal questions, please email Lola in the Food Services Office at

The Food Services Office is located in the BVSD Education Center located at 6500 E. Arapahoe Road, Boulder, CO 80303. We are open Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. 

BVSD has announced its policy for determining the eligibility of children who may receive free or reduced price meals served under the National School Lunch Program. Food Services Office staff will use the Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility chart below for determining eligibility in 2017-18. Click here to view the complete policy on the CDE website.



For each additional household member, add $7,733.

If you have questions, you can contact Lola Campos-Herzfeld at 720-561-5942. 

 Frequently Asked Questions

Who can get free or reduced price meals? 

Children in households enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), students who qualify as homeless, runaway, foster, and/or migrant children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, if your household income is within the limits on the Federal Income Chart, your children can get free or reduced price meals. 

Applications from families receiving SNAP and TANF benefits need only to list the children's names, 7-digit SNAP and TANF number (SNAP number begins with "1B..."; QUEST card numbers are not acceptable), the last 4 digits of an adult household member's social security number (or a mark in the box if no SS number), address and phone number, and the signature of the adult household member.

All other households who would qualify based upon income must show the names of all household members, the amount of income each person received last month and source, the frequency of earnings, the signature of an adult household member and the last 4 digits of that adult's social security number or check the box if the adult does not have a social security number. The information on the application may be verified by the program officials at any time during the school year.

Will the information I give be checked?

In October, we may ask you to send written proof of the information given on the application.

How do I receive my notification letter?

If you have submitted an online application, you can find your notification letter on your Student/Parent Portal Inbox. WE NO LONGER SEND NOTIFICATION LETTERS VIA REGULAR MAIL. If you need to print your letter and you don’t have a printer at home, you can go to your student’s school, sign in to your Student/Parent Portal, go to Inbox, and print and save your letter.

If you receive SNAP Benefits (Food Stamps) or TANF benefits, your student may already qualify for free meals through the State Direct Certify List. If you have already received a notification letter via regular mail and made sure all your BVSD students are listed correctly on that letter, you do not need to fill out an online application. If you submitted an online application and your family has already qualified through the state, your application will be suspended. You will not find the notification letter in your Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal Inbox. If you are not sure whether your students have already qualified through the Direct Certify List or if any of your BVSD students are not listed on the letter, please contact Lola Campos at: before you submit an online application. Lola will let you know if you have already qualified and can send you another notification letter if you didn’t receive the first one. If you did not qualify through the Direct Certify List, you need to fill out an online application using your 7-digit SNAP (Food Stamps) or TANF case number that begins with 1B. 

What if I stop participating in SNAP or TANF?

Your children will remain eligible for benefits for the remainder of the school year.

What if my household size or income changes?

Once your children qualify for free or reduced-price meals they are eligible for benefits the remainder of the school year, even if your income goes up. If you qualify for reduced benefits and your income decreases or your household size increases you may want to reapply.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later?

Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start receiving SNAP benefits (Food Stamps) or TANF benefits. If you lose your job, your children may become eligible for free or reduced price meals.

What if I disagree with the decision about my application?

You may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Lola Campos-Herzfeld, Free & Reduced-Price Meal Specialist, Boulder Valley School District; P.O. Box 9011; Boulder, CO 80301; 720-561-5942.

Who has permission to see my application?

The information on the Meal Benefits Application will be used by Food Services to determine if your children should receive free and reduced price meals. The information cannot be released to any other program unless an Information Release is signed.
Privacy Act Statement: This explains how we will use the information you share with us: The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program (SNAP) for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced-price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

Non-discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly. In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local ) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.