Frequently Asked Questions
- I heard BVSD school food is healthy. What does that mean?
- Who is Ann Cooper?
- Why are we serving organic milk and what does it cost?
- Is the school food ever locally grown?
- Where does the meat come from?
- REAL Certified, HUSSC, Good Food 100 Restaurants List, Good Food Purchasing Program...what do these awards and certifications mean?
- Are the kids really eating school lunch?
- How are you receiving feedback from students on the meals?
- What is the Central Kitchen project?
- Where can I find allergen and nutrition information for the meals served in school?
- How much do meals cost?
- How do I apply for free or reduced-price meals? What are the requirements for free or reduced meal cost status?
- Where are the school gardens in the district? Who runs this program?
- Who paid for the calendars?
- Why does the staff wear uniforms?
- How can I get involved?
- How are the nutrition education programs funded?
- Is breakfast only available for free or reduced status students?
- What is Universal Breakfast?
- My student is graduating from BVSD or switching school districts, how do I claim unused meal account funds?
- To whom can I send compliments and complaints?
- Learn about the history of the School Food Project
I just visited Crest View and had lunch with my kindergartner for the first time - it was so great! Thank you thank you for all of the hard work you and the Food Services team CLEARLY put into the menus and overall experience that the kiddos have. It was really fun and tasty - looking forward to making this a regular event and tasting your creations!
Excited Kindergarten Mom